What’s New at Klaich?
Keep up with the latest happenings at Klaich Animal Hospital and new animal care information on Reno NV animal hospital policies.
Due to the increased demand for our Reno vet services, there will be an additional fee for visits without an appointment in order to provide optimal care for our patients. Learn how to schedule an appointment on our Policies page.
We appreciate your understanding.
If you need to refill or request a prescription for your pet, we are now providing you with an Online pharmacy! Shop local products and medications for your furry friends.
Want to communicate with a Veterinarian? Airvet allows you to connect with a veterinarian to talk about medical concerns, behavioral questions, follow-ups, and more!
Do You Have Questions Regarding Canine Influenza?
Here are some facts about Canine Influenza:
- Signs your pet may have the flu are coughing, lethargy, loss of appetite, and sometimes nasal discharge. In some dogs, the cough can look more like vomiting or retching. The flu virus can survive in an environment for up to 24 – 48 hours. Dogs can be shedding the virus before they are showing any clinical signs. Pets that are displaying any symptoms should be isolated from other dogs for at least 3 weeks.
- To promote Reno NV animal care, we are offering the canine influenza vaccine.
- It is a 2-vaccine series. After the first vaccine is administered a booster vaccine needs to be given 2 – 4 weeks after. It can take up to 2 or 3 weeks after the booster is given to be effective.
- The vaccine that we are administrating is for both strains of canine influenza. We have not had any side effects from the vaccine, but it could be a possibility as with any vaccine. The vaccine is a killed virus and cannot cause the flu.
- Our Reno animal hospital requires the vaccine for patients that will be boarding at our facility.
- We highly recommend the vaccine if you take your pet to Reno pet boarding, daycare, grooming facility or dog parks. Owners should check with their facility, as the vaccine may be a requirement. If your pet is displaying any influenza symptoms, please bring them in for an exam. For the protection of all of our patients, we are requesting you to leave your pet in your car while you check in with the front desk. We will then have the doctor conduct the examination in your car. Give us a call at Klaich Animal Hospital if you have any questions or concerns.